Challenge yourself in this novelty quiz!
By Arshon Howard
1. What 90s rapper called himself the five-foot assassin?
- Bushwick Bill
- Too Short
- Phife Dawg
Answer: Phife Dawg
2. What rap group spat the lyrics, “Me and you, your momma and your cousin too”?
- De La Soul
- A Tribe Called Quest
- The Fugees
3. What is “Luchini (This Is It)” by Camp Lo about?
- A mobster
4. “Hey Lover” by LL Cool J feat. Boyz II Men samples what Michael Jackson song?
- “Human Nature”
- “Beat It”
- “Off The Wall”
- “The Lady in My Life”
Answer: “The Lady in My Life”
5. What does the acronym C.R.E.A.M. stand for?
- Creators of rudimental excellence and movement
- Cash Rules Everything Around Me
- Christ Rules Everything Around Me
- Cosmic Radiation Effects and Activation Monitor
Answer: Cash Rules Everything Around Me
6. What magazine did rapper Notorious B.I.G. mention reading in his song “Juicy”?
- Rolling Stone
- The Source
- Word Up!
7. Who sings the hook on Jay-Z’s “Can’t Knock the Hustle”?
- Janet Jackson
- Mary J. Blige
Answer: Mary J. Blige
8. Who are the original members of Nas’ rap collective, The Firm?
- Lil Kim, AZ, Fabolous, Nas
- Foxy Brown, AZ, Cormega, Nas
- Lil Kim, Cormega, Jay Z
- Noreaga, Capone, Foxy Brown
Answer: Foxy Brown, AZ, Cormega, Nas
9. Finish the rest of these lyrics from “Electric Relaxation” by Tribe Called Quest: “Relax yourself girl …”
- “…Please settle down.”
- “…Be set clear.”
- “…Peace at hand.”
- “…Rest plan.”
Answer: “…Please settle down.”
10. What did Ice Cube accomplish while playing a game of basketball in “It Was A Good Day”?
- Won by 20
- Hit the game winner
- A double-double